Course Materials at RMCAD
Course Materials by Program
Technology Package Information
To succeed at RMCAD in your professional career and beyond, you’ll need access to industry-leading software and course materials. RMCAD outlines program-specific course materials below to ensure you have the technological tools you’ll be working with in your field.
On-ground students are required to maintain a laptop that meets these degree specific minimum requirements. Online students may choose either a desktop or laptop, but a laptop is recommended.
Learning Management System (LMS)—YOUR ONLINE CLASSROOM
Whether you’re an on-campus or online student, you’ll spend time working in our Learning Management System (LMS). The LMS is a powerful online environment that serves as the primary means by which students participate in online courses to view the course material, communicate with instructors, interact with peers, submit projects, receive feedback and track their work progress.
RMCAD's Learning Management System offers the following features:
- The ability to send direct and group messages within the LMS
- A notifications system that allows activity/grades tracking for projects and courses
- An internal discussion/critique board
- The opportunity to use a variety of file types for work submissions
Online LMS Tech Specs
OS X 10.13 or above
Windows 7 or above
- Computers with a 1Ghz or faster processor
- 1 GB of memory
- 16 GB of free disk space
- dx9 graphics device with wddm 1.0 or higher driver
- Computers with Intel processor 1.6 Ghz or faster; or an M1 chip
- 1 GB of memory
- 5 GB of free disk space
- DVD drive for installation
Required textbooks are listed under each course description in the catalog. If there is no required text listed, there is no book. Students should check with their instructors for information regarding additional materials and supplies for each course. At RMCAD, you’ll be able to select your preferred textbook format and corresponding price range—hardback, paperback, electronic—or public library checkout, where available.