Let's finish this!
We’ll help make your transition to a better future as easy as possible.
Not every RMCAD student begins art and design school straight out of high school. In fact, about one-third of our students come to us with some college experience. If you’re considering transferring, we want to make that transition a positive and smooth one.
Transfer Of Credit To RMCAD
Previously earned post-secondary credits may be considered for transfer if they were earned at an institution accredited by:
- An agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. A current list of recognized agencies can be found here.
- Certain programmatic accrediting agencies that oversee programs with content similar to those offered by RMCAD (such as the Council for Interior Design Accreditation).
- International equivalents to the aforementioned agencies.
In all cases, RMCAD will review the prior coursework and, among other factors, utilize the recommendations of The American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) when making its decisions. Transfer credit considerations include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Comparability of credit to be transferred to the destination program at RMCAD.
- The level of the previously earned credit (100 or 200 level, graduate, etc.).
- Applicability of the credit in relation to the programs offered at RMCAD.
- Regulatory limitations on the number and type of credits that can be accepted for transfer.
In all cases, RMCAD reserves the right to determine the acceptance of previously completed academic credits. Additional questions about the transfer credit review process, including required documentation, should be directed to the Registrar’s Office.
Rocky Mountain College of Art + Design has partnered with certain institutions to facilitate a smooth transfer of earned credits. If your school does not have an Articulation Agreement, your credits will be evaluated on an individual basis. If you have questions about transfer credits, or if you represent a college that is interested in forming an agreement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articulations with RMCAD for the following degrees:
- AAS in Multimedia and Graphic Design to a BFA in Graphic Design
- AAS in Photography to a BFA in Photography
- AAS in Interior Design for a BFA in Interior Design (General)
- AA in Studio Art for a BFA in Fine Arts
Figuring out which classes will transfer can be tricky, which is why having a transcript evaluation is so important. Click here to submit your transcripts for evaluation by our Registrar.
Student Work + Success
Becoming a student is just the beginning of the journey. We believe creativity happens outside the lines, and artistic development inside these walls. The student work and success stories are just the result of learning in an environment where you are encouraged to dream, create, and inspire.
See all the amazing and creative work being made by students at RMCAD!
Alumni Success Stories
Catch up with our alumni and see where they have found success following graduation.